LDV eT60 electric ute now costs less than an LDV diesel T60 ute
LDV have rolled up their sleeves to help Kiwis with their bottom line and have slashed the price of New Zealand’s only electric ute, with the eT60 now costing less than an LDV diesel T60 ute.
Usually priced at $79,990 RRP, LDV New Zealand’s new eT60 models are on sale for $49,975, which includes the brand’s $23,000 discount and the Clean Car Discount rebate of $7015 1.
Inchcape New Zealand Limited’s Head of Brand Marketing, Daile Stephens says she believes this is a never-before-seen offer in the industry.
“We believe this is the first time an electric vehicle has been offered at a lower price than its petrol or diesel equivalent model. Our top spec diesel-powered T60 ute has a Recommend Retail Price of $49,990 and this special offer on the electric, double cab eT60 comes in under that. And that’s not even taking into account your future fuel savings.”
LDV has a global reputation for building world class vehicles and New Zealand’s sole electric ute, the eT60 is at the brand’s performance forefront, boasting remarkable output specs. These can be accredited to its 150kW/310Nm motor partnered with an 88.55 Kwh battery, which produces a WLTP test range of up to 325km 2 and a fast charge of 80% in 40 minutes, when using a D.C. charger 3.
The double cab rear-wheel-drive eT60 strives to make hard work a whole lot easier, with its rear tray capacity of 1188L, which will accommodate most loads with ease. Strong tie down points feature on both the deck and on the wheel arches, while the cargo tray is lined with an industrial grade coating to protect the vehicle and your cargo.
Safety is important, and LDV has delivered with a fully calibrated chassis, Anti-lock braking (ABS), Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) and Emergency Brake Assist (EBA), to ensure braking is optimal for any driving situation. The eT60 is also equipped with Reversing Camera, Hill Descent Control (HDC) and Hill Start Assist (HSA). On top of that, the eT60 has Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Roll Movement Intervention (RMI), driver and passenger airbags, side airbags and full-length curtain airbags.
The eT60 has a spacious cabin that has been designed to make your ute a comfortable workplace. The driver’s seat comes with a range of adjustments ensuring optimal driver positioning.
Thanks to the 10.25” infotainment screen with Apple CarPlay®, smartphone connectivity 4 and Bluetooth® 5, it’s easy to manage calls, messages and navigation hands-free. Rear camera and park assist are standard and the eT60 comes with air conditioning, power front windows, power side mirrors and keyless entry.
There’s even loads of storage space for your mobile office gear which turns the eT60 into your office on the road.
Mrs Stephens encourages anyone thinking of changing to an electric ute, that now is the ideal time to do so, with the eT60 offer valid until 31st December 2023, or while stocks last 1.
“This remarkable offer on the eT60 provides the perfect platform from which to electrify your fleet. It is unprecedented and provides huge savings. The recent election results also create a sense of urgency due to National’s plans to scrap the CCD rebate on the 31st of December this year, meaning as from January 1st, 2024, the $7015 rebate will no longer be available for battery electric vehicles.”
Inchcape expanded its presence in New Zealand in early August, growing its distribution footprint and entering retail operations in the New Zealand market. The company acquired the distribution and vehicle leasing operations and proudly welcomed LDV (MAXUS, the commercial arm of SAIC) and SsangYong as distribution brand partners. In doing so, Inchcape also entered retail operations in New Zealand with five owned dealerships in Auckland, Taupo, Wellington, and Christchurch.
Mrs Stephens adds: “This acquisition’s timing meant that we are conscious of using the final months of 2023 to clear out some current stock to achieve a fresh start in the new year. It means that we will begin 2024 with a clean slate and with space to accommodate the exciting new models we have waiting in the pipeline.”
- Terms and Conditions: The LDV “EV UTE FOR LESS THAN A DIESEL” promotion is only available for new LDV eT60 vehicles and is not available in conjunction with any other special, discount or promotional offer. The offer is not available on demonstrator LDV eT60 vehicles. The discounted sale price of a new LDV eT60 vehicle is $56,990 which includes GST and excludes on-road costs. With the addition of the CCD rebate ($7015), the amount payable by the customer is $49,975 including GST. Final amount payable excludes on-road costs and accessories. CCD fee includes GST and will be payable by the LDV Dealer at the point of registration. Any resale condition of sale set out or indicated are herein a recommended price only. The national government have committed to introducing legislation to repeal Labour’s “Ute Tax”, formally known as The Clean Car Discount (CCD) Fee and Rebate, by 31/12/23. LDV New Zealand reserves the right to vary, withdraw or extend this offer.
Offer valid until 31st December 2023 or while stocks last. Visit www.ldv.co.nz to find out more.
- Figure based on WLTP (Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure) static laboratory combined average city and highway cycle test, which measure, energy consumption, range and emissions in passenger vehicles, figures stated for the purposes of comparison amongst vehicles tested to the same technical procedures only. Actual real world range results will vary depending on a combination of factors including but not limited to load, driving style, type of journey, vehicle configuration, battery age and condition, use of vehicle features (such as heating and air conditioning), as well as operating, environmental and climate conditions.
- Charging times will vary depending on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the output of the charger being used, starting battery charge, charging equipment, ambient temperature, battery state as well as the age of the battery at point of use. As a result of these factors, charging times may therefore vary significantly.
- Compatible Apple® device required.
- Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG I